How to Show Social Media Icons in Joomla
- Written by Igor Mihaljko Igor Mihaljko
- Category: Joomla Tutorials Joomla Tutorials
- Published: 11 December 2016 11 December 2016
Almost every website builder wants to make it easy for visitors to find them on social media. Easy Social Icons lets you easily add all the popular social networks to your site.
If you want a great-looking set of social icons on your site, then try the Easy Social Icons module.lets you easily add all the popular social networks to your site.
Easy Social Icons lets you easily add all the popular social networks to your site from Delicious and Digg to YouTube and Yelp.
All you have to do is add the username of the site you want to add and save. Easy Social Icons will automatically generate nice-looking icons with the correct URL to your profile.
Follow the steps below to get social icons on your site:
- Download the Easy Social Icons extension from Joomlashack (it is a Pro extension)
- In your Joomla site, go to Extensions > Install.
- Choose the Easy Social Icons extension that you just downloaded.
- Click on the "Upload & Install" button and, after a short time, the extension will be installed and installation message will be shown. Enter your Joomlashack license key.
The Easy Social Icons extension is a Joomla module.
Go to Extensions > Modules, and you should see that an Easy Social Icons module has been automatically created. If you don't see it, click "New" and add a new version of the Easy Social Icons module.
Now you can edit the module and add your social links. The current version of Easy Social Icons supports the following social networks:
After installing the module, all you have to do to enable a social icon is to add your username to the configuration:
Easy Social Icons will automatically detect the values you entered and it will generate the correct URLs.
Here's how those icons will appear on the front of your site:
Easy Social Icons comes with some beautiful icon variations that you can choose from: