How to Submit OSMap Sitemaps to Google
- Written by Nick Savov Nick Savov
- Category: Joomla Tutorials Joomla Tutorials
- Published: 10 January 2017 10 January 2017
OSMap is the most popular way to create a sitemap for Joomla sites.
Google Search Console is the most popular way to make sure your site is listed in Google's search results.
Use OSMap and Google Search Console together, and you'll give your site an SEO advantage.
Step #1. Get a Search Console Account
Step #2. Get the XML link from OSMap
- If you don't have OSMap installed, download and install it.
- In the Joomla admin area, go to Components -> OSMap Pro
- Right click on the "XML" link and copy the URL.
Step #3. Submit the URL to Google Search Console
- Go to https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/sitemap-list and log in.
- Click the "Add/Test Sitemap" button.
- Paste your XML URL from step 2.
- Remove the domain, since Google includes it for you.
- Click the "Submit" button:
And that's all there is to it. Congrats!
You can check the "Sitemap" page inside Google Search Console and you'll see the information Google extracts from your sitemap.