The Easy Way to Submit OSMap to Search Engines
- Written by Nick Savov Nick Savov
- Category: Joomla Tutorials Joomla Tutorials
- Published: 10 January 2017 10 January 2017
Submitting your OSMap sitemap to search engines is easy. All that's needed is to copy the URL and add one line to your robots.txt file.
This tutorial will show you how to do that, step by step. Let's get started.
Copy the XML link
- Go to Components -> OSMap Pro
- Right click the XML next to sitemap
- Copy Link
Edit your robots.txt file
- Access your host's file manager or use an FTP client to navigate to your Joomla root
- Edit the robots.txt file
- Insert the following code anywhere on a new line:
Delete [absoluteURL] and paste your URL instead.
Save the file and you're done! Now Google, Bing, Yahoo, and other search engines will be able to find your sitemap. Congrats!