OSDonate is packed with features, is simple to use, and can even attract more attention by hovering in a fixed position on the page! It's a great choice for anyone who would like their Joomla donation button to be a focal point of their Joomla site.
Here is how to get started with OSDonate.
Step #1. Download and install
- Download OSDonate from this page.
- Install it. Please, visit this page if you need help with the module installation.
Step #2. Access the module
- In your Joomla control panel, go to Extensions > Modules:
- Click OSDonate Pro:
- You will arrive at the module's editing page, where you can start configuring its settings to your preferences:
Let's take a look at what settings are available and what features they offer to your Joomla site.
Step #3. Configure the module basic settings
By default, you will find the OSDonate Pro basic settings under the Module tab:
- Configure the following three parameters:
- Open in new window: When the PayPal button is clicked, do you want the PayPal Donate page to open in a new window?
- Success return page: After the user has donated at PayPal, to which page do you want the user to return?
- Cancel return page: If the user cancels at the PayPal Donate page, to which page do you want the user to return?
- Configure the next six parameters in the PayPal group of settings:
- E-Mail/PayPal ID: Enter yours.
- Company Logo: Your own company/business logo selected here will appear on the PayPal Donate module. To be able to select your logo image, please upload it first via Content > Media.
- PayPal button image: You can leave this as the default. It's the URL to the PayPal Donate image that the user should click on to go to the PayPal Donate form.
- PayPal language: Select the language in which the Paypal form should appear.
- PayPal Description: You can display a custom description in the PayPal Form to the user.
- Currencies: Which currencies do you want to allow the user to select? Separate with a comma(,). The first currency will be the default. Check with PayPal to make sure the currency is available.
- Configure the next three parameters under the Layout group of settings:
- Show intro text: Do you want to show an into text?
- Show amount field: Do you want to show the amount?
- Theme style: choose a different design for the donation form (only in Pro version)
- Configure the next three parameters in the Custom Text group of settings:
- Intro text: Type your intro text here.
- Amount Label: Pre-fill the amount if desired. You can leave it blank if desired.
- Amount: Pre-fill the amount if desired. You can leave it blank to keep the field empty.
Step #4. Enable the Sticky Options
If you wish, you can set your OSDonate module to be fixed:
- To the top left corner of your site.
- To the top right corner of your site.
- To the bottom left corner of your site.
- To the bottom right corner of your site.
- With a specified horizontal or/and vertical offset distance.
Here is how the OSDonate module will look fixed to the bottom right corner of the site:
- Click the Sticky Options tab:
- Click Yes for the Enable Sticky Options parameter:
You will see the five following options appear:
- Horizontal Reference Side: Do you want it to be closer to the right or left?
- Horizontal distance: How far in pixels? (*no need to add the px, just use digits)
- Vertical Reference Side: Do you want it to be closer to the top or bottom?
- Vertical distance: How far in pixels? (*no need to add the px, just use digits)
- Width: If the default is too narrow you can make it wider.
Step #5. Publish your module
Excellent! You set the OSDonate-specific module parameters. Now it's a good time to set the parameters your OSDonate module inherited from Joomla core.
- Show Title: Generally set to No.
- Position: Usually the debug position is the best practice if you set the sticky options. Note: Some templates do not have the debug position. You can follow the How to Add a Debug Position tutorial to add it if needed. If you're not using the sticky option, simply select the position provided by your template.
- Status: Published.
- Click the Menu Assignment tab and specify on which pages you would like your module to appear:
- Click Save or Save & Close and you're done!
- Now preview it on your site front end and adjust the module setting to your liking if needed!