You Can Update Joomlashack Templates From the Admin Area
- Written by Valentín García Valentín García
- Category: Joomla Templates Joomla Templates
- Published: 02 October 2017 02 October 2017
If you use a Joomlashack template, please consider updating to the latest release.
Why do we ask this?
The latest versions of Joomlashack templates now use the Joomla update system.
This means that you can update templates with one-click from your admin area. This also means you can easily get the latest bug-fixes, security updates and new features.
The template update process works in the same way the Joomlashack extensions update does. If you are using any of our commercial Joomla templates, to update them just go to Extensions > Manage > Update.
In order to benefit from automatic templates upgrade, you will need to download and install the latest version of your Joomlashack template.
How do I update to the latest template version?
Please also take a backup of your site before updating. This is good advice before trying any site update.
Login to Joomlashack by following these steps:
- Click Account
- Click Downloads
- Click Templates
If you have an active subscription with Joomlashack, you can now download your template:
To update your template, you install the file that you just downloaded from Joomlashack.com. Login to your Joomla site and follow these steps:
- Go to Extensions.
- Click on Manage.
- Click on the Upload Package File tab.
- Browse for your template file and upload it.
- Now, go to Extensions > Plugins.
- Find the Joomlashack License Key Manager plugin.
- Be sure the plugin status is set to Enabled.
- Paste in your license key. You can find your license key by clicking this link.
- Click Save & Close once you are done.
How can I safely customize my Joomlashack template?
Worried about losing any customizations when you update your template? Don't be. There is a safe way to create CSS and HTML modifications to your template.
The following tutorials will help you make safe customizations:
- How to safely customize CSS in Joomlashack templates
- How to safely customize the layout of Joomlashack templates
The short version of those tutorials is, use the custom.css file for your CSS changes, and use custom.php for your layout changes.
Does my template need an update?
Yes, if you use a Joomlashack template, we recommend you update it to its newest version. There are new versions available for all Joomlashack templates, except for older templates that have been retired. If your template is on this list, then an update is available.
Do you have any questions?
Our team will be happy to help you with anything regarding Joomlashack templates.