George Wilson is one of the lead developer working on Joomla 4. You may have seen his very popular video introduction to Joomla 4.
In this new video from the Joomlashack Conference 2020, George focuses on the tools we need to develop modern websites.
- How do you build Joomla websites on Amazon Web Services?
- How do you make Joomla work with Elastic Beanstalk and what are the pros and cons?
- Can you build automation workflows in Joomla?
- How do you use a CLI with Joomla?
Those are some of the questions answered in George's talk.
This is a developer-focused talk for people who want to use modern dev techniques with Joomla. By the end of the talk, you'll see how to create a fully automated Joomla environment with just 7 commands. This means you can spin up that environment again and again.
Video on Building Modern Joomla Websites
Here are some key points in the video:
- 10 minutes: Using Joomla with Elastic Beanstalk.
- 12 minutes: The .env project solves problems with Joomla's configuration.php file.
- 19 minutes: Managing installation and updates.
- 21 minutes: Setting up a modern automation workflow for Joomla.
- 28 minutes: Configuring a Github repo for Joomla.
- 33 minutes: Using Command Line Interfaces (CLIs) with Joomla.
- 37 minutes: Introducing the Joomla 4 API.
- 39 minutes: Using Redocs or Swagger Docs for documentation.
Slides from George's Talk