Over the last few years, we've managed to grow Joomlashack. Yes, we have some good extensions and templates, but one thing has made that growth possible: recurring subscriptions. Here's our explanation of why we use subscriptions.
I am 150% convinced that the most stable businesses are subscription businesses. That conviction has deepened since the arrival of COVID-19. I've talked with a lot of business owners in the last two months, and the happy ones are those with strong subscription revenue.
If you're not there yet, you really should move your business over to subscription revenue. Our aim at Joomlashack is to help you make that move by creating a reliable subscription extension that's very easy-to-use.
So today, I'm delighted to introduce Simple Renew 3.0. This is the extension we use to power Joomlashack.com. This release adds support for the Stripe payment gateway. We've chosen Stripe because it's the most popular choice for new subscription services.
We eat our own dog-food, so this Simple Renew 3.0 is already live on Joomlashack.com and running our own subscription business.
How to use the new Simple Renew
- Download Simple Renew 3.0 from your Joomlashack account.
- Install Simple Renew into your Joomla site.
- Go to Components > Simple Renew Pro > Gateways.
- There will now be a Stripe option. Here you can enter your Stripe keys.
- Once you've added those two keys, you can go to the "Plans" screen and set up subscription plans.
This next image shows an example plan. The subscription gives the user access to a particular user group: "Shack Error Notify".
How you can use Simple Renew
We've updated all the Simple Renew documentation for this version 3.0.
With Simple Renew 3.0, you can sell access to almost any Joomla extension, including these from Joomlashack:
- Sell access to training in OSCampus.
- Sell the ability to create a listing in Shack Locations.
- Sell access to download files in OSDownloads.
- Sell the ability to create and publish articles in Shack Article Manager.
- Sell access to create events in JCal Pro.
I'll note that our intention is NOT to build the subscription extension with the most features. We want to build the simplest and most reliable extension.
So if you're wondering whether we're planning to add feature X or Y, the answer is probably "no".
But Simple Renew is the right choice if you want an extension that can help grow your business, while also being easy, reliable, and closely integrated with Joomlashack products.