How to Create Hidden Menu Items in Joomla
- Written by Valentín García Valentín García
- Category: Joomla Tutorials Joomla Tutorials
- Published: 14 June 2017 14 June 2017
Since the beginning of Joomla, users have created hidden menu links. This is a neccesary workaround because menu links control many of the features on Joomla pages - even pages that don't show in menus.
One very common use case is to create links to special sales pages and landing pages. Sometimes we need a menu link to set up the page, but we don't want that link to be easily visible.
"Add Menu Title" is a menu option that makes it really easy to hide links. Here's how it works ...
- Go to "Menus".
- Select the menu you want to use.
- Edit or create a menu item.
- Go to the "Link Type" tab.
- Set "Display in menu" to "No".