What exactly is email marketing?
It can be any number of things, at its most basic it is using email to communicate with your users, customers or stakeholders. Don't get confused by the word "marketing" here, I am using it in a very global sense:
- A information site might send out news about new content that has been added
- A non-profit organization might send news about its projects
- A subscription site might use a series of autoresponders to create e-courses
- A resteraunt site might send out coupons on a hot day for summer food specials
- A ecommerce site might use it to send follow up emails to customers, or emails to people that abandoned your cart
- A political campaign might send out emails to initiate donation drives
There are a number of great improvements to menus in Joomla 1.5. These are focussed on providing more flexibility to template designers and making Joomla sites more accessible and W3C valid. Specifically, significant improvments have been made to bulleted lists to now allow better submenus (for things like dropdown menus) and image replacement.
I found a story on Digg today which sounded interesting. If you use Firefox 2 or Internet Explorer 7 then you'll notice a litle search bar at the top of your window which looks something like this. The way to achieve this is so simple. You can read more into it here or just follow along to get it working in Joomla!
I've received a few inquiries lately on how I make our screencasts and video tutorials so I've compiled a review if want to make some for your own clients. Last year I switched my systems over to Mac but when I was using Windows the two best applicaions were Camtasia, Captivate and Wink.